In United States, a structural and legal set of systematic rules is enforced to maintain social control; these regulations are termed as Criminal Justice. A Criminal Justice system with social institutions is set up to implement criminal law having certain commandments and limitations. It is the framework of a number of components. Several major subsystems mutually work to ensure criminal’s protection and fortification from being abused. These departments include police and subsequent law enforcement agencies, tribunals and courts, prosecutions and civil warden offices, trailing and parole agencies. They all work to make sure about the trial to be conducted carefully and transparently, until the suspect is proven guilty or innocent.
Talking about its past, the U.S Criminal Justice system was very much interrupted by philosophers and religious scholars of Colonial America. But nowadays, it has refined due to which laws have been modernized. It has facilitated both the law breakers and victims with additional rights and privileges. Check and balance along with proper recording of hearing, leads to fair trials. These laws have become more unified, clear and uniform. It helps in ceasing authoritarian rulings. These improvements lead to the development of distinct federal, national and military criminal justice having individual formats for children and adults.
It provides deprived suspects with a chance of freedom and liberty. Special attention is given to such civilians, who got migrated and putted into custody for a long period. Moreover, particular interest is taken by the Criminal Justice system, when law enforcement authorities took away chattels such as car or money used in criminal activities. Individuals with mental illness and, subjected to penalty are also provided secure mental health facilities by these justice laws
Order your custom research papers and term papers now
There are five key factors involved in U.S. Criminal Justice.
• Firstly, local law enforcement, which includes police force. It helps in resolving routine crimes by issuing fine.
• Secondly, Court trial is held and suspected troublemakers are brought into the legal system. It involves officers and other witnesses who decide the case to be filed or not.
• If case filed, it is brought to a court of law namely a court case. Here judge is responsible for hearing and reporting the conclusion.
• Moreover, if enough evidences are not provided, trial with grand jury is conducted. A jury acts as a third party, having no involvement with law enforcement agencies.
• Finally, after investigation members of jury make decision for the innocence or guiltiness of the offender.
Among major crimes such as robbery, drugs, car snatching etc child abduction is very common. Criminal Justice provides facilities to investigate the case. For this, F.B.I is in charge to take action against the kidnapper and to bring the child back to home.
The structured procedures including precise and cohesive laws of Criminal Justice have proved to be integral parts in holding control and order for keen benefit of civilians.